Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October Potpourri

Just a few things here I wanted to make quick mention of but don't quite merit a full post all on their own:

  • Salmagundi is a fantastic word. Apparently it is some sort of salad dish, but the word also functions as "a mixture or assortment; a potpourri or grab bag." Other cool words with similar meanings are pastiche, gallimaufry, and mélange. I really love silly words.
  • I've decided my career path - I'm going to be a financial adviser. Now I just need to start working towards that goal.
  • Amazingly there is a lot of good TV on lately: House, Bones, Heroes, Scrubs, Family Guy, the Daily Show & the Colbert Report, Gossip Girl, Bionic Woman, Chuck, The Next Iron Chef (I really needed something to hold me over until the next season of Top Chef), Pushing Daisies, and Samatha Who? Sucks for CBS though... not a single one of their shows interests me.
  • Spoken, one of my old favorite bands, recently released a new album. Unfortunately the first few songs blend together unmemorably, but the rest of the album is very solid. If you're into the melodic rock with a touch of hardcore sound, you should check it out.
  • Reading the "World" news section of Google News is always horrifying. The whole planet is falling apart, isn't it?
  • Cool as the wireless connectivity features of the new touch iPod are, I don't think it's worth paying more for a touch version that holds considerably less data than paying less for a larger capacity "classic" iPod. Also on the topic of Apple - the company is reducing the price of it's iTunes Plus songs to their standard $0.99 price they're set for regular iTunes store purchases.

Here are a few free to enter online contests and sweepstakes for anyone who is interested, as well a few free sample offers:

Enjoy the free stuff, and wish me luck on the contests!

1 comment:

Smartie said...

Good luck! I think I've developed a phobia towards online contests :(